Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Elizabeth's eyes!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member galadriel789's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2004
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    My Mom had this really great idea, maybe elizabeth's eyes will be like felicity's and Samantha's, you know how they are different then the other doll's eyes. Maybe Elizabeth's eyes will look like that. That would be cool. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In the other post, (I forget which one) it had said that AG is going to make a whole new different blue eye color for Elizabeth. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I noticed that about my Felicity and Samantha, why are their eyes different?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sandy506's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know that our vintage Felicity and Samantha have lovely eyes that look real, with lines radiating out from the pupil all through the iris, just like my own eyes. They look real.

    Our circa 2000 Kirsten has much less lovely eyes. Looks like a blue swirl pattern. Doesn't sparkle. Those eyes don't look real at all. They're kind of creepy, to tell you the truth. We have received a replacement (2005) and although her skin tone is no longer gray, her eyes are still weird, and she has inferior hair and slim face. Daughter likes the original defective one better! I guess I'll end up buying the new (replacement) one, too, or else sending HER back.

    There's just no comparison on eye color between Kirsten and the other two. I thought perhaps it was because she has blue eyes.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello!
    You are right that the Pre-Mattel eyes were more real looking and of better quality. Same thing with the hair.
    Sigh! The problems of mass production!
    My Sam (white body oldie) has such a natural expression, and the green in my old Flicity (under refurbishment at home) has a more natural looking green and note the almost creepy pattern that some of the new ones have.
    We are sounding like old ladies reminiscing about the good old times, no?
    LOL!

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I totally agree!

    This is why when my mid 90s Lissie's (not my main one) whole right set of eyelashes literally fell out I decided to restore the old eyes and make her a custom doll instead of buying a new head. The new eyes are SCARY.

    Her wig was quite ratty, so I am taking care of that too. With all this plastic surgery, she'll be a new girl in no time. Now if only it were that easy for me [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •